We All Have It In Us


Oh my!!!!! I cannot believe it has been twelve whole months since I posted last. I trust we are all well and safe. Today I want to tell you something I encountered two days ago that made me really proud. A story that would not let me rest until I tell it. After a long day at work, I was in my taxi home when we noticed a car parked on the side of the highway that had started to emit smoke and was about to go up in flames. My taxi driver like other car drivers could not ignore the situation. They all drove slowly by the scene of the incident. While we were trying to make sense of the damage that was about to occur, with me particularly hoping that the car does not burn while we were driving by, we saw a group of people dashing towards the smoky car. A group of men who left their various activities to make sure that a car is saved. I was overwhelmed by the show of affection and empathy. 

We all have good in us no matter what anyone says and something in me wanted to reach out to thank these men, to hug them and tell them well-done. And no, they were not in fancy suits and fancy cars, they were the hawkers carrying crates of their unsold bottled water for the day. Throwing their water and sweat at a burning car on behalf of a stranger who will never be able to repay them.

xx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

23 for 23

City Girl in F.C.T