Give love to chop love #Valentinesdayupdate


Hello everyone, Bubari came in few minutes ago and I received the inspiration to give you the major highlight of year 2022 valentine’s day.

If you are looking for gist, there is no gist.

The day dragged slowly as I kept thinking to myself “shey for real for real, I won’t receive a call from someone saying we have a delivery for you” Now, don’t get me wrong. I got a call from a dispatch rider and I did receive gifts but not that “special” gift I was looking for.

It was all fun and laughter as the day came to an end with some of us laughing at our predicament of zero “special” gifts and my wonderful employers teasing the ladies who did not receive an array of presents.

On my drive home at about 9pm, I had given up on the hope for a special present until my phone started to buzz. Finally, a strange number was calling. I thought to myself “who is this romantic person calling, maybe they decided to surprise me by giving me a fantastic ending to my day”. I hurriedly picked up the call even though the tone of my voice was of someone who was disinterested. “Good evening Ma” Yes! it sounded like dispatch “Yes good evening who is this please?” “Oh madam this is A your former security”. My heart sunk and I asked if we could speak later. That was my final straw.

I have the best people. All my close friends checked in on me and sent words of encouragement and I thought of how silly I was to have made such a big deal of receiving “special” presents. I put on music and started dancing away with so much joy and gratitude for how loved and well thought of I am.

Here’s the lesson I learnt; Give love to chop love (with exception of crushes).

P.S- I received a beautiful message from Hawla on the 14th of February 2022. It reads;

“You’re a beautiful kind-hearted person. Gift or no gift, I doesn’t change how amazing you are and how loved you are! It doesn’t actually matter tbh. I don’t want you to ever forget this!!

The person that’s going to shower you with ALL the gifts you think you’ve missed out on over the years of not receiving gifts of Feb 14th will surely come and you’d even be overwhelmed lol!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

23 for 23

City Girl in F.C.T