It Won't Stop

It was a very sunny Tuesday afternoon. As I powdered my face for the third time I cursed beneath my breath. If it hadn't been for the person owing me N5,000 I should be indoor shielding myself from the terrible weather. But I had to get the money otherwise the person would get away with it and one thing I know for sure is I don't let people get away when they are indebted to me.
The trip was going to cost me N600 but I didn't mind paying the price. As I boarded a tricycle going to the nearest bustop I couldn't help but notice the people I was sitting in the midst of. Because I was smallish in size they put me in between. The man on my left was huge and sweating all over so much that I. could feel the sweat penetrating into my shoulder. Om my right was a woman who looked like a pepper seller,her disposition gave her away and as her phone rang I noticed she was with an iphone and then I thought why would someone this 'razz' have an iphone.

The further the tricycle went,the more I got irritated by those around me so I decided to listen to music. As I plugged in my earphones I played one of my favorite songs at the time 'Royals' by Lorde. Awesome music by a girl who is just 17 and had already made it. I thought of all the things I wish I had and was even more determined to make it in life.
at a point we got stuck in traffic,I was far more disgusted. The sun was scorching and motorist were honking and yelling at one another. Suddenly I realised the woman beside me started yelling at the driver "so you can speak English I thought" I wanted to know what the fuss was all about so I removed my earpiece. There was a trailer directly opposite to us and he was trying to reverse from a closed street. The woman was telling the driver to move backwards as a safety precaution,the driver on the other hand didn't want to give way to a motorcyclist beside him. "Crazy world" I thought to myself as I plugged my earphones back. The song had reached my favorite part and I sang along.
Within the twinkle of an eye I heard a loud bang and discovered that the trailer had hit the tricycle in I jumped out with so much speed and alacrity as well as everyone else. The tricycle had a big dent om the right side and the trailer had also managed to knock someone down in the process. By now we had a caused a scene and people surrounded us,my heart must have been beating a million times within a minute,I managed to put myself together. The pepper seller asked if I was okay,we became friends in an instant and I went my way.

As I got on the bus I couldn't help but review the incident that just occurred. I was too busy noticing the faults in the world that I didn't see the good in it. The woman I detested had been the one yelling at the driver for our safety and the man by my left had rushed to help the person who had been knocked down. I decided to plug in my earpiece and listen to a gospel song in gratitude to God for saving my life and that's when I realise the music hadn't stopped playing. All through the incident,the noise and discomfort. The music never stopped playing.

Don't take life too seriously, because it would go on with or without you.
See you in a week. Xxxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

23 for 23

City Girl in F.C.T