Looks like we’ve reached the end.


It starts with a lot of restlessness, twist and turns and not being able to fully handle what each day has in store. The days have been long and the nights very short. I am more irritable than ever before. Feels like time just keeps flying and I can’t seem to keep up with all that is happening. I heard the courtrooms have now become a movie scene and people are no longer driving their cars because of the price of fuel. I am overwhelmed I don’t know what is going on until I backtrack a bit to where it all started. It was in February, the second month of the year, in the northern hemisphere usually considered the last month of winter.

I had gone to the King’s land and I got so carried away that I changed all my mobile and electronic device region and paid all those subscriptions my Mastercard could not handle. I felt on top of the world until I got back to my father’s land and I couldn’t change my region back to my country. Don’t get me wrong, I tried. Did all I could. Took my phone everywhere but the status remained the same. I was told I had to pay nearly x3 of the price to continue my usual subscriptions but I couldn’t do that. It didn’t make sense. What hurt me the most was my Deezer.

When I was introduced to Deezer, I started with the songs of Ceasaria Evora a “goddess”. Even though she didn’t sing in English, her melody and voice took me to places I could not describe and that is how I became stuck with Deezer. Day in, day out. Night and morning, listening to all sorts of songs that took me round the world. Listening to podcasts that brought me out of my shell and into the reality of others. I daresay that I saw life in a more colourful and brilliant way.

And now, it seems to be crashing because the only choice I seem to have is to pay a heavier price. I am stuck. Things appear less colorful. Like a drug, I need my music. I need my Deezer.

This is why I have mostly been nowhere.

 

Comments

  1. “When you feel that you have reached the end and that you cannot go one step further, when life seems to be drained of all purpose: What a wonderful opportunity to start all over again, to turn over a new page” - Eileen Caddy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

23 for 23

City Girl in F.C.T