Love You Till Eternity


The theatre lights are blinding as I feel the sharp pain in my rib and the vile taste in my throat. I see each and everyone of them running around but this time they look more like trees. I can tell they are trying to save me but little did they know I’m okay. I just couldn’t find the strength to tell them. I should have left a note but I didn’t think it will be today. I draw my gaze from the lights and close my eyes, the picture of my one and only true love Seun comes to sight. If he were here with me I knew he would comfort me and cheer me on. I remember the very first day we met, a rainy day with no taxi in sight.  He had offered to drop me off, I politely declined but he was so insistent and I in turn had to swallow my pride.

Our journey from then on became a rollercoaster of emotions. I will never forget the day he asked me to marry him. He had professed his never-ending love for me at my best friend’s wedding and while everyone cussed at us for stealing my best friends thunder, little did they know that we had gotten into a terrible fight and I had called it quits right there and then. The next minute I got a text from him saying he couldn’t live life without me. Seun hardly speaks like that and I got so worried. Minutes after, he was on his knees proposing to me with a ring he borrowed from the caterer.

If I had to tell the tales, it wouldn’t end, of how my one true love provided for me even when he had no means. How he begged his former employee to offer him a job so he could cater for me when I got pregnant with our second daughter. I will never forget the day he sold his late mothers jewellery to buy me a costume to wear to my high school alumni association party. He did everything he could to protect me, to protect us.

The noise is getting louder as the pain gets stronger, I notice more activities around me, but I am too weak to open my eyes. I just want to be left alone and for everything to come to an abrupt end. I see a very bright light shining ahead and I am drawn to it. I start to speak but my lips are no longer moving. Yes, Seun was the one who punched and choked me after he found out our second daughter was not his. But I want the whole world to know that I love him. After all, I vowed to love him till eternity and if I could do it again, I will choose him.

Let us be.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

23 for 23

City Girl in F.C.T