An Open Letter to Busayo Okunola- The Future of African Sports

Dear Busayo,

I racked my brain severally on what to write about you in my blog because I don’t write just for fun, I write from my heart. I wanted to talk grand about you but I realised that I don’t have much to say except that I have been told that you are a talented athlete and I believe this because you have your gold medals to show for it and you give me the shivers that talented people give. There is no doubt that you are one of the next big things to happen to the world-we just haven’t realised it yet.

Anything I say in addition will be me exaggerating facts because I do not know you so well but I want to believe that you are a decent and respectful human being and I have no doubt that some day I will talk more about you because your story is still being written.

Busayo, you have found big magic. I hope you make it big with the right people on your side. I hope that on cloudy days and stormy nights you find the light, I hope you live a life that will encourage people to be the best version of themselves and I hope that on the days when you don’t feel like facing the world you can run in the rain.

I am dedicating Tarzan Boy by Baltimora to you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

23 for 23

City Girl in F.C.T