MY SUNFLOWER


Dear Child,

I see you,

And even though I don’t know your struggles,

I heard of it all.

How mummy abandoned you at a mosque,

How daddy made you sit on hot coals after he got drunk,

How uncle P defiled you even though you were only 4.

I see your bravery,

I see your courage,

I see your laughter,

I see your pain,

I see you when you feel like you’ve finally got family,

I see you when you feel all alone in the world.

We may never understand, we don’t know it all, but I want you to know that you’re beautiful and you’re great,

You’re unique in each and every way,

And if you’ve made it this far, you’re going to make it to the end,

With your dreams, goals and a smile on your face.

#Youknowyourself

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

23 for 23

City Girl in F.C.T